POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another building : Re: Another building Server Time
14 Aug 2024 15:22:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another building
From: Ib Rasmussen
Date: 7 Oct 2002 11:37:15
Message: <3DA1AA1E.60509@ibras.dk>
Rafal 'Raf256' Maj wrote:

> threshold 0.00001 method 2 depth 5..7
> or typical AA, but render scene at x5 higher resolution and then down-
> sample, but it would in fact be same as threshold 0.00001

I don't think the threshold has much influence, it is method 2 depth 5
that is equal to rendering at 5x and reducing. If I understand it right,
threshold only determines whether two neighbouring pixels are different
enough to need antialiasing. Antialiasing pixels that are almost
identical can't do much difference in the image IMNSHO.

/Ib