POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : stupid bug ? [lame] : Re: stupid bug ? [lame] Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stupid bug ? [lame]
From: Ben Birdsey
Date: 6 Oct 2002 20:54:43
Message: <3DA0DAD4.F2EA3E82@mail.com>
Rafal -

I've gotten those Internal Compiler errors, too, even with the old 3.1g
sources.

They were related to certain types of compiler optimization, and all of
the errors were confined to the definitions of certain internal POV math
functions.  I'm not sure if this is true anymore, because I *did*
upgrade get the SP2 for Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 and I can't easily go
back and track down your compiler problems. ;)

Anyway,  as far as I can remember, you might still get everything to
compile if you make sure the "Generate Intrinsic Functions" and "Full
Optimization" checkboxes are NOT checked.

Maybe it's worth a try... Downloading the 4.0 Meg VC6 Service Pack might
take longer than trying to compile again with new settings!

- Ben