POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : sliding macro examples (divx 328kB+74kB) : Re: sliding macro examples (divx 328kB+74kB) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 15:25:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sliding macro examples (divx 328kB+74kB)
From: Tom Stone
Date: 4 Oct 2002 09:59:23
Message: <3D9D9E51.FAA6F40B@swipnet.se>
Peter Popov wrote:

> Greg, *please*, http://www.divx.com/divx/ - or do we have to get a
> duplicated big binary message for every movie you can't view because
> you don't care for a single 3 MB download?

Well, I have to agree with Greg. There are many animations here that I
would like to see, but can't since it is in Divx format.

The divx site claims to have a Mac-codec available, but that doesn't
help much since it causes the computer to crash horribly as soon as the
play-button is pressed. However, as long as the Divx-format is mentioned
when it is used, I can avoid downloading it. But it is a bit annoying
when its use isn't mentioned in the posts.