POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : cleaning source code from warnings troubles : Re: cleaning source code from warnings troubles Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:27:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cleaning source code from warnings troubles
From: William F  Pokorny
Date: 1 Oct 2002 16:52:36
Message: <3D9A0B14.3082321F@attglobal.net>
I think compiler warnings is an issue where no agreement is
possible.  I have worked for nearly 10 years with a group of
about 20 software developers.  They use a tool called
flexlint to scrub their C++ code.  They are a relatively
tight nit group, but I listened to them argue over this rule
and that rule for years.  They eventually dropped into a
voting system - some having larger votes - whenever deciding
to add or remove a check. This didn't make everyone happy
but things got done faster.

When communicating in non-native languages I try to remember
not to assume much emotional meaning in what is said.  It is
difficult enough to communicate with a person you know well,
in your native tongue and with them standing in front of
you.  Communication in a space like a newsgroup, in a second
language, with cultural differences - it is easy to end up
with everyone shouting into space.

Every one of you involved in this discussion is technically
competent. There are a thousand ways to roll a stone.