POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : 3.5 problems... ?? : Re: 3.5 problems... ?? Server Time
18 Jun 2024 13:53:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.5 problems... ??
From: Tom Stone
Date: 30 Sep 2002 22:20:14
Message: <3D9905F6.FC30C254@swipnet.se>
A few hours ago I noticed that there was a more recent Pov-ray available.
What I had was Build 170, which worked nicely except for two small things -
that I had to restart the program after every render to be able to use the
templates, and that it left "Memory.log"-files everywhere.
Thinking that those two problems perhaps was fixed, I trashed the 170 and
downloaded Build 173. I regret that now.

So far I've tried to make 10-12 test renders, using simple scenes from the
included scene-folder. No luck.
Either it stop the render halfway down, with no other way to exit than to
do a force-quit. Or it renders the whole picture, but then refuses to stop
anyway - the progress bar keeps spinning and leave no other option than to
do a force quit.

I'm using a iBook G3. Swedish system 9.2.2, CarbonLib 1.6.

I wonder, is it possible to put up Build 170 once again on the pov-site?

-Tom Stone