POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : povray 4.0 list of suggestion : Re: povray 4.0 list of suggestion Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:33:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray 4.0 list of suggestion
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 21 Sep 2002 16:38:39
Message: <3D8CD8CF.D780E9DD@gmx.de>
mike wrote:

> Is there a list someplace for ideas and request for version 4.0.
> I would like to request some ideas but not if it is already being discussed.
>
> No need in taking up to much posting space just to restate.
>
> I will followup on this post with my requests if no list is available
> online.

There is no list existing for this but i would like to suggest you read
some of the earlier discussion on feature requests (for example in
povray.general) before posting new stuff on that matter.

Also it's certainly a good idea to get some experience in using POV-Ray,
in the technical aspects of the matters you are going to talk about and in
the various unofficial extensions that exist.  Most unproductive
suggestions that have been made evolve from insufficient consideration of
the various aspects that are important.

If you just think you are needing a certain function that seems to lack in
POV-Ray it's usually a better idea to post in povray.newusers or
povray.advanced-users what you are trying to do and ask how this could be
achieved.

And finally this is definitely not the right group for discussing general
ideas for new features.  This group is for discussing things related to
the POV-Ray source code.

But anyway if you think you have some important ideas to share feel free
to post them in povray.general.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,