POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Library : Re: WIP Library Server Time
14 Aug 2024 17:59:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Library
From: pto
Date: 20 Sep 2002 08:43:07
Message: <3D8B17DB.9070200@cs.helsinki.fi>
> With 1 book-like object with title and 3465 book spines with no titles.
> I know, it's dark, I'm still learning radiosity/light settings.  The
> chair needs work, the table with the book needs work, the table at the
> end of the walkway needs work, I still need a fireplace, and I might do
> something with the blank expanse of wall above the chair.

Terry Pratchet had great description on libraries, and this has same
mood. It was about time seems to bend in libraries and how it actually
does so - if I just could remember it.

You should realy have different books, all sizes, color, decorations,
colors etc. Bookshelves could have some carvings or other simple
decorations. I don't see how fireplace would fit in, but perhaps it
would. Myriad paintings on the walls, a face perhaps?

On technical side, radiosity and lightning are in key role in this, even
more than usually.

I like.

--
camera{look_at y+2angle 135} box{-1 9pigment{rgb.8} finish{reflection.3}
no_image}#macro l(a) light_source{8*a rgb a/vlength(a)fade_power 2