POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rendering reflections. : Rendering reflections - SOLVED Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:12:14 EDT (-0400)
  Rendering reflections - SOLVED
From: srnewt
Date: 19 Sep 2002 11:28:13
Message: <3D89ED9B.7050704@hotmail.com>
I solved the problem described at the root of this message tree.
heres an example of a parabolic reflector with a simple scene...
4 walls and ceiling/floor.

#include "colors.inc"
#include "textures.inc"
#include "shapes.inc"
#include "metals.inc"
#include "glass.inc"
#include "woods.inc"

global_settings {max_trace_level 5}

global_settings { ambient_light rgb<100, 100, 100> }

camera {
    perspective
    //orthographic
    location <0, 2, 0>
    //direction <0, -1, 0>
    angle 65
    focal_point <0,2,0>
    up<0,1,0>
    right<1,0,0>
    look_at <0,0,0>
}
// SR
//angle      : ~67.380 ( direction_length=0.5*
//                       right_length/tan(angle/2) )
//confidence : 0.9 (90%)
//direction  : <0,0,1>
//focal_point: <0,0,0>

// Uncomment the area lights only if you've got lots of time.
#declare Dist=80.0;

sky_sphere {
     pigment {
         gradient y
         color_map {
             [0, 1  color Gray50 color Gray80]
         }
     }
}

#declare Floor_Texture =
     texture {
        pigment {
         // solid pattern for use in texture/pigment/normal(/density)
         // cube checker pattern, alternates color1 and color2
         checker
            color rgb <1, 1, 1>,
            color rgb <0, 0, 0>}
         finish { reflection 0.0 }
         }

#declare RedWall_Texture =
     texture {
        pigment {
         // solid pattern for use in texture/pigment/normal(/density)
         // cube checker pattern, alternates color1 and color2
         checker
            color rgb <255, 0, 0>,
            color rgb <0, 0, 0>}
         finish { reflection 0.0 }
         }

#declare GreenWall_Texture =
     texture {
        pigment {
         // solid pattern for use in texture/pigment/normal(/density)
         // cube checker pattern, alternates color1 and color2
         checker
            color rgb <0, 255, 0>,
            color rgb <0, 0, 0>}
         finish { reflection 0.0 }
         }

#declare BlueWall_Texture =
     texture {
        pigment {
         // solid pattern for use in texture/pigment/normal(/density)
         // cube checker pattern, alternates color1 and color2
         checker
            color rgb <0, 0, 255>,
            color rgb <0, 0, 0>}
         finish { reflection 0.0 }
         }

#declare GBWall_Texture =
     texture {
        pigment {
         // solid pattern for use in texture/pigment/normal(/density)
         // cube checker pattern, alternates color1 and color2
         checker
            color rgb <0, 255, 0>,
            color rgb <0, 0, 255>}
         finish { reflection 0.0 }
         }

#declare Floor =
plane { y,0
     texture { Floor_Texture
         scale 0.5
         //rotate y*75
     }
}

#declare Ceiling =
plane { y, 5
     texture { Floor_Texture
         scale 0.5
         //rotate y*75
     }
}
#declare RWall =
plane { x,5
     texture { RedWall_Texture
         //scale 0.25
         //rotate y*75
     }
}

#declare GWall =
plane { -x, 5
     texture { GreenWall_Texture
         //scale 0.25
         //rotate y*75
     }
}

#declare BWall =
plane { z,5
     texture { BlueWall_Texture
         //scale 0.25
         //rotate y*75
     }
}

#declare GBWall =
plane { -z,5
     texture { GBWall_Texture
         //scale 0.25
         //rotate y*75
     }
}

#declare QuadricMir =
union{
// create a quadratic (2nd order) infinite polynomial surface
         quadric {
                  <1, 0, 1> //  A x2  + B y2  + C z2  +
                  <0, 0, 0> //  D xy   + E xz   + F yz   +
                  <0, 1, 0> //  G x    + H y    + I z    +
                  0-1         //  J
                  texture {
                         finish{reflection {1} ambient 0 diffuse 0}
                         }
                 //rotate z*0
                 //translate z*4
                 //translate y*4