POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : after "After Vermeer"... : Re: after "After Vermeer"... Server Time
14 Aug 2024 20:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: after "After Vermeer"...
From: Herman Serras
Date: 11 Sep 2002 03:31:12
Message: <3D7EF18E.BF8043D@pandora.be>
Hello,
First of all I find it a very nice picture. Although there already exist
raytraced "copies" of some of Vermeer's paintings, using heavy (and
expensive) modeling and raytracing programs, this picture illustrates
how Povray can be used to obtain similar results, perhaps at the cost of
much manual modeling and programming.
As to the real dimensions of Vermeer's rooms a lot of work has be done.
Recently appeared a very interesting book "Vermeer's Camera" written by
Philip Steadman.
Herman

--
Herman Serras