POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Cube in different colors ? : Re: Cube in different colors ? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:11:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cube in different colors ?
From: Ken
Date: 10 Sep 2002 23:37:37
Message: <3D7EBB75.342E8017@pacbell.net>
Ken wrote:

> Christopher James Huff wrote:
>
> > I don't know if you meant this, but that last paragraph implies that a
> > mesh box would be unuseable in CSG. If he uses inside_vector, it will be
> > useable for CSG operations.
>
> Works quite well actually :)

With limitations. From some tests I just ran it appears the mesh must be
the top level object in the csg operation. If used a secondary object
in a csg it does not work as expected. I wonder if an outside_vector
operator is needed to define the outside of a mesh object as opposed
to the inside?

--
Ken Tyler