POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Assigning different textures to triangles in a mesh : Re: Assigning different textures to triangles in a mesh Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:11:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Assigning different textures to triangles in a mesh
From: Ken
Date: 8 Sep 2002 23:27:10
Message: <3D7C15F4.2B7F42B4@pacbell.net>
"Mark M. Wilson" wrote:

> I didn't know that triangles could be used outside the context of a
> mesh....  That's why I'm posting to the newusers group!  ;-)

In POV-Ray v1.0 and v2.2 all triangle based objects where contained in a union.
Meshes didn't appear until POV-Ray v3.0 and the restrictions that came with them.
The real beauty of meshes are the reduced memory requirements when copies of
declared mesh objects are used. There is no real difference otherwise.

--
Ken Tyler