POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A current WIP 88k : Re: A current WIP 88k Server Time
14 Aug 2024 20:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A current WIP 88k
From: William F  Pokorny
Date: 7 Sep 2002 03:38:41
Message: <3D79AD01.5601EEBD@attglobal.net>

> Perspective seems a tad high to me.. are you driving a truck?

Well done! I laughed when I read this! Yes, the height is set for a truck though I do
not drive a truck but a Saturn VUE -  a small SUV. I confess to raising the camera
position to see more of the road. I have thought about completely different
perspectives too. Perhaps that of an owl flying overhead?

> Do the lights really look like that? Something about them seems wrong to
> me.. like their interaction with the media is too bright or something.

I agree, and I think Slime hit the biggest reason why.

> Other than that, there's something that bugs me about the scene.. maybe
> the modeling is too primitive. Textures look fairly convincing. It might
> be interesting if you could make the scene look more like it might from
> inside a vehicle.. part of a dashboard, some reflection on the inside of
> a windshield, things like that. Oh, and of course the front of the
> vehicle sticking out...

I find myself in a similar place with this image and I too have thought about
sticking the viewer inside a vehicle. I just don't know if it is right for the
feeling I want to convey....   I will continue to think about it.
Thanks.