POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Pyvon - Multilanguage : Re: Pyvon - Multilanguage Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pyvon - Multilanguage
From: Roz
Date: 6 Sep 2002 20:38:44
Message: <3D794AEC.5090301@netscape.net>
Fabien HENON wrote:
> Does povray deal correctly with spaces in the name of the scenes when
> you start it from a console ?
>
> As far as I am concerned, the problem does not come from Pyvon.
>

> Fabien

The Windows version has the same problem. I ran pvengine.exe from
a DOS prompt, passing it scene file names with spaces in the name
and I got the same sort of error message. I tried surrounding the
filename in quotes but that didn't solve the problem.

Attempting to run a scene file with one or more spaces in the name
in a Linux console does the same thing.

It's not Pyvon, it's POV-Ray. I still have MegaPOV (xmegapov) on
my system and it also has the same behavior. I don't know if it's
really that big of a deal that POV-Ray doesn't handle filenames
with spaces in it nicely on the commandline.

Maybe just place a note in your readme.txt file and/or on your
web site about this small issue with pov.

-Roz