POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rendevous at Rondelet - Final - rondelet.jpg [1/1] : Re: Rendevous at Rondelet - Final - rondelet.jpg [1/1] - rondelet.jpg [1/1] Server Time
14 Aug 2024 20:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendevous at Rondelet - Final - rondelet.jpg [1/1] - rondelet.jpg [1/1]
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 5 Sep 2002 20:25:26
Message: <3D77F564.6010505@videotron.ca>
Bruce Johnson wrote:
> In article <MPG### [at] newsstmuccom>, lot### [at] coxnet
> says...
>
> Ya know I got to thinking about some of the comments, and the more I
> looked at it, the planet did not seem really correct, so I did a little
> 'tweaking'.  Don't really want to do a lot with it, since it was just an
> experiment in Bozo / Layered design, but this seems to convey a bit more
> realism and makes the ships stand out more and not get lost in the cloud
> patterning as much.

Yup.  That works.  I agree that you should concentrate your efforts on
the main objects in the picture, leave the planet texture as it is for now.

Speaking of the main objects,
- The cylindrical containers need some lettering.  Space Agencies love
to show off their colors!
- The Brown Spherie-Thingies(tm) don't appear to be attached to anything.
- Although I suspect it's only a problem with the camera angle, but the
wings on the bottom spaceship don't look like they're the same size.  If
that was intended, just ignore me.
- And last but not least, the lighting seems a bit wrong.  The spaceship
s seem to be lit from both sides, and by looking at the planet, it's not
obvious where its main star is.

You said you've had enough of this project, so put it aside for now, use
the lessons you learned and start working on something else.  Maybe in a
few months, you'll come back to it and start fixing things on it again.
  Most of us do.

And lastly, don't despair if people act all snotty and rip your images
apart.  That's our job.  I mean, look at the flak Jaime is getting for
his apples photograph, erm, I mean, scene.

/*   videotron.ca  */}camera{orthographic location<6,1.25,-6>look_at a }