POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Question concerning radiosity code : Re: Related question concerning radiosity code Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Related question concerning radiosity code
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 5 Sep 2002 05:55:24
Message: <3D772CCC.11C85853@reading.ac.uk>
Nathan Kopp wrote:

> "Michael Andrews" <m.c### [at] readingacuk> wrote...
> >
> > Can you tell me where the automatic radiosity brightness adjustment code
> > is then? At first I thought it was to do with the code blocks I was
> > looking at, but obviously I was wrong and I can't see any other code
> > blocks which seem relevant.
>
> It no longer exists.  It was completely unrealistic.

OK, I agree with that. It was useful to an extent back when the
radiosity code was ambient-only.

But hasn't this been the main argument against doing distributed
rendering of image pieces (either tiles or strips) when using radiosity?
Maybe I've misunderstood the problem ...

> -Nathan

Bye for now,
	Mike Andrews.