POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: IRTC WIP (156kbbu) : Re: IRTC WIP (156kbbu) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC WIP (156kbbu)
From: John VanSickle
Date: 3 Sep 2002 14:34:14
Message: <3D7500AC.2445B0C6@hotmail.com>
Peter Hertel wrote:

> > I still need to crew this ship.
>
> Looks nice! But does all the consoles (computers..?) need full qwerty
> keyboards? As I imagine, they do rather simple things, and that could
> (should?) be managed with simple sets of big, colorful buttons,
> sliders and small, funny, blinking lights =)

True, if workstations don't need to be reconfigured to handle different
operations from time to time...

The keyboards are an object I used in another setting (two of my
prior IRTC animations used it), but with a different material_map.

> Apart from that, I belive they are a bit hard to use when they hang
> like that.. But of course, that depends on the looks of the crew :)

I'm designing a new robot to crew the ship.

> I like the light setup!

Just a few area lights.

Regards,
John