POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [WIP] Texture Demonstration scene : Re: [WIP] Texture Demonstration scene Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:22:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [WIP] Texture Demonstration scene
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 2 Sep 2002 12:54:04
Message: <3D7397AB.614DA546@gmx.de>
Rene Schwietzke wrote:

> [...]
> 4) Lighting test image, e.g. colored spotlights

I'd rather use light groups.

> 5) Optional: a radiosity test scene, but I do not expect any advantages from
> such a scene because radiosity highly depends on the scene itself and not on
> one texture

That does not matter IMO, a test with radiosity would be very useful for
everyone who wants to use the texture for that purpose.  A radiosity only
scene (no light sources) with an ambient sky and with geometry to generate
reasonable contrasts would be sufficient.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 13 Aug. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______