POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [Final] Cigarette smoke (87kb) : [Final] Cigarette smoke (87kb) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:14:50 EDT (-0400)
  [Final] Cigarette smoke (87kb)
From: Julien Gourdon
Date: 31 Aug 2002 11:17:18
Message: <3D70DE23.1040900@cnedra.org>
Hi all,
Here is the final version of my scene with cigarette smoke (see
<news:3D4### [at] lepiorg>).
At first it should have been an irtc entry (you know how you get when
you feel lonely, smoking and drinhing...), but I feel like it's
definitively off topic.
The bottle is an old model I made years ago
(http://juliengourdon.free.fr/images/kro.jpg, rendered with pov3.1), and
improved a bit.
Someone spoke about making a scene with as many of POV-Ray's features as
possible, and I think we have here a good candidate :-)
The smoke is media with a function density; Red part of cigarette : two
isosurfaces, one filled with red emitting media; There are photons but I
can't really see where they came; Kind of a reflective blur on the
ash-tray; area_light through the window; radiosity (with normal
settings); And finally focal blur : twas the first time I used it in a
scene, it seems that I missed something - I find it way too blurry.

Render time : 5 day and 1 hour on an athlon XP 2000+. Was it worth...?

Questions and comments are welcome !

--
Jul### [at] cnedraorg
http://www.cnedra.org