POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Need a model converter? : Re: Need a model converter? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:32:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need a model converter?
From: James W Foster
Date: 30 Aug 2002 16:45:05
Message: <3D6FD9C0.D30C4CDF@wcom.com>
This would be cool in the java mesh converter your talking about?

1. Allow the user to select a group of points from the model
2. Allow the user to deselect points from the selected group
3. Once the set of points is finalized, allow the user to assign a variable
name
   that is added to all the points for example:

BEFORE:
<1,0,1>
AFTER:            (Variable name=head)
<1+headx,0+heady,1+headz>
export to Povray

4. If you wanted to go one step farther you could group the points and put a
rotate ,scale, and translate like:
rotate <headrx,headry,headrz,>
scale <headsx,headsy,headsz,>
translate <headtx,headty,headtz,>

This way parts of the model could be easily be moved independently within
povray.

James

--
James W Foster III <j.f### [at] wcomcom>
Manager of Intra/Internet Development
Corporate Intra/Internet Systems
WORLDCOM - http://www.worldcom.com/ - NASDAQ:WCOM
500 Clinton Center Drive, Clinton, Mississippi (MS) USA  39056
(601)460-5589 / vnet4605589 / (800)844-1009 / FAX(601)339-5589
--
NOTE: This message is intended for the individual(s) and / or
entity / entities to which it is addressed, and may contain