POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Pyvon 0.95 - Pov-Ray editor for Linux : Re: Pyvon 0.95 - Pov-Ray editor for Linux Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:28:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pyvon 0.95 - Pov-Ray editor for Linux
From: Fabien HENON
Date: 30 Aug 2002 11:11:55
Message: <3D6F8A7A.6060806@caramail.com>
ABX wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 15:57:30 +0200, Fabien HENON <fab### [at] caramailcom>
> wrote:
>
>>>1. I have no Python do test it
>>
>>1. You can get the latest Python version at www.python.org to test it (
>>get version 2.2 at least)
>

> I will check if it can be installed and not be to have for my desktop
You are using Windows ?
I have not tested it on the MS platform, but you might get font problem.
If so, tell me, I'll send you a patch that works in Windows.
Linux and Windows do not deal with fonts exactly the same way.

>>>2. I'm not sure I can use language specific characters
>>
>>2. I did use language specific characters for French, but I might remove
>>them in case of problem.
>

> The problem is that windowses and unixes can use different coding for polish
> characters. I will test it on windows and ask one of my friends for unix test
>

>>>3. no idea what 'CPU PAL' means
>>
>>3. CPU PAL is the contrary of CPU HOG ( when the application takes all
>>the CPU resources it can get). I know 'CPU PAL' is not a good
>>translation, but if the english native speaker could help me on that.....
>

> Oh, I see. Now I know how to translate.
Well, even in French I am not completely satisfied with my translation.

>>>4. have added Trans_POLISH entry
>>>so what now ?
>>
>>Now, send me your copy, I will add the polish language entry in Pyvon
>>and include menu_polish in the next release.
>

> I will send it to on monday since currently I have to break work becouse of
> some tasks in company...
>

>>(By the way how do you write
>>polish in polish ?)
>

> If you mean polish as polish as part of finish then it is not important but if
> you mean polish like finnish then it is POLSKI
Funny, I forgot about the two meanings of polish (True, I do not need
much wax for Pyvon)

Fabien