POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stone Church 2 : Re: Stone Church 2 Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:19:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stone Church 2
From: Ib Rasmussen
Date: 30 Aug 2002 09:08:17
Message: <3D6F6E26.503@ibras.dk>
> would I need to recompute the radiosity data to rerender the scene if I
> change the Antialias_Depth?

I'm not the right one to answer that, but I wouldn't think so.

> how would changing this affect render time?

I think it is a safe bet to say that it would increase :-) By how much
is harder to say. It would also depend on how much of the image, that is
actually antialiased, which depends on the threshold.

If it gets really bad, perhaps you can get away with rendering only the
problem area at increased aa-depth, and graft it into the full image
rendered at your usual settings.

/Ib