POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Pyvon 0.95 - Pov-Ray editor for Linux : Re: Pyvon 0.95 - Pov-Ray editor for Linux Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:26:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pyvon 0.95 - Pov-Ray editor for Linux
From: Fabien HENON
Date: 30 Aug 2002 04:50:09
Message: <3D6F310C.2000900@caramail.com>
For the name I just scrambled all the letters found in these three
words, and Pyvon was the one I liked the most.

Rob Hoopman wrote:
> Fabien HENON wrote:
>
>> Thanks to all those who sent me email about suggestions, debugging,....
>>
>> For those who still use emacs + pov-mode, I just wonder what keeps them
>> from trying.
>
> I for one like to be able to get around without using the mouse in an
> application, but I'll be sure to give it a try.

The point is that you always have to go to and back between the terminal
and your editor.
I come from a 'windows' world where mice are a common pet. I now use
terminals quite a lot now, but I am grateful when a mouse is available
in an application. I find it much faster.
It sometimes saves you from typing a '120-letter-long command line in a
terminal with the inherent mistakes you might do.

Fabien