POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Image Creation Challenge : Re: Image Creation Challenge Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:17:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image Creation Challenge
From: Julien Gourdon
Date: 29 Aug 2002 12:38:55
Message: <3D6E4E50.8040901@cnedra.org>
Aaron Gillies wrote:
> Isosurfaces, photons, radiosity, area lights, focal blur, etc.
> all in one scene?  Yeek ...

My PC is rendering...
I couldn't wait for a week so I made a little low-quality preview on my
second machine. Here it has no photons, no media, no anti aliasing, no
area lights, fast radiosity settings and poor focal blur settings. Took
18 hours (!!) to render on a celeron 500 (running a linux povray 3.5 not
compiled on the machine - I suppose it would be much faster on a windows)
The final higher quality version should come in a few days (thanks to my
athlon XP :-)
As usual, Questions, comments ?

--
Jul### [at] cnedraorg