POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : povexport.py : Re: povexport.py Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:33:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povexport.py
From: Roz
Date: 29 Aug 2002 11:51:06
Message: <3D6E4335.9090800@netscape.net>
ganymed wrote:
> -I have installed python 2.2 (mandrake) again,
> -then I have moved the python2.0 folders (from /usr/lib and /usr/local/l
>  ib) to my HOME-directory.
> -Finally I have entered the line above into the bash.
>  (>ln -s /usr/lib/python2.2 /usr/lib/python2.0)
> -Besides, I have made a link to /usr/local/lib/python2.2: ln -s
> /usr/local/lib/python2.2 /usr/lib/python2.0.
>
> I have opened the povexport.py - script in blender and the chevy.blender;
> then I started the script.

> Why doesn't that ... script run and export the scene???

I'm unable to duplicate the problem and I'm not an expert on Blender nor
Python :(   I was going to suggest asking around the Blender forum but
it looks like you already have. Did you try out the suggestions some
there posted? If they can't help you there then you can approach the
problem from another direction. Since Blender does export some other
file formats directly, such as DXF and VRML, you may be able to find
a convert program.

But since you successfully got Wings3d running, maybe just stick with
that. I haven't used it personally but I've only read praise about it.

-Roz