POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Odd blur effect: squared spheres : Re: Odd blur effect: squared spheres Server Time
15 Aug 2024 00:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Odd blur effect: squared spheres
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 27 Aug 2002 06:50:40
Message: <3D6B59A8.3070709@free.fr>
Rene Schwietzke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently I am rendering a large version of a dice image. The dice points
> really get angularly. Does anyone know why?

Dive in the source code (unless it is documented ?),
the blur code as some magic values on blur_sample IIRC which
use an hexagonal grid instead of square grid. At least, it was
in 3.1 ...

Other solution might be to increase the blur_sample,
or reduce the variance or increase the confidence.

 Go read section 6.4.3 of the help (pov 3.5)