POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : strange slant of objects in an ordinary scene : Re: strange slant of objects in an ordinary scene Server Time
4 Sep 2024 20:13:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: strange slant of objects in an ordinary scene
From: Brendan Ryan
Date: 22 Aug 2002 21:32:33
Message: <3D65903A.3060202@global2000.net>
I made a scene that showed the terrestrial planets and some moons.  I
had Venus on one side and the Earth on the other side and they looked
distorted so I used an orothographic camera because that type of camera
has no persecptive.
The reason why we notice the strange slant in pictures is that we can
look at all parts of the picture, but don't notice anything with what we
see with our eyes because the distortion is assumed to be there and it
seems natural because we can't examine the sides of our vision field
very easily unless we turn then it would not be distorted anymore there.
Brendan