POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Newbie getting in over his head, advice appreciated [repost jpg] : Newbie getting in over his head, advice appreciated [repost jpg] Server Time
15 Aug 2024 00:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Newbie getting in over his head, advice appreciated [repost jpg]
From: Rob Hoopman
Date: 21 Aug 2002 04:32:12
Message: <3D636C3E.4070007@tuna.nl>
Hi all
As I realised the dice theme was already tadequately taken care of by
Rene....
I had no idea what to do next. So I thought it would be nice to have POV
issued inspiration/ talent pills for newbies like me.
As there were none obviously none available, I thought to make the pills
myself.
I was reminded there could be a story fitting the IRTC topic.

I remembered a subject from quite some time ago. Someone i knew closely
took his own life taking a medicine coctail. Later it became clear he
had many times before shied away from doing this earlier moments before
the act.

I still have aa poem from him which goes along the lines of wanting to
end it but not being able to at the last moment because there is noone
present to say goodbye to.

The image is supposed to be this:
Glass ( still filled with water )
Drops in picture already are tears
Pills (...)

The rest of the story has te be told by the title
One practical question:
Is the subject even suitable/ appropriate for IRTC?
Including text in the description to tell part of the story seems more
or less customary?

Anyway, I'm planning to work on this some more and submit it. As I am
_really_ new at this, I am sure you have a lot of critisism, I'm
interested in the constructive subset.

Especially any hints on the sink surface would be welcome, allthough it
would probably be better for people less than a week playing around with
POV to find out some stuff for them selves first ;-)

One specific question I do have though: the interiors and textures
included with pov only behave properly when objects are properly sized,
I read in the docs,(and experimenting a bit with glass objects confirmed
this.) However I can't seem to find what 'properly sized' is, or how big
a povunit is.
The answer is probably that that it not defined, but the interiors in
the includes seem to behave better at some sizes than others. Are there
any guidelines for this?

Rob.

P.S. My apologies for the amount of text a pov.binaries.* posting I'll
try to up the binary-to-ascii ratio a bit next time.

P.P.S. Don't worry I am fully prepared to come in last last...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'pill2.jpg' (78 KB)

Preview of image 'pill2.jpg'