POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Dumb Blonde requires your help : Re: Dumb Blonde requires your help Server Time
4 Sep 2024 20:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dumb Blonde requires your help
From: Brendan Ryan
Date: 20 Aug 2002 18:07:05
Message: <3D62BD1B.5020409@global2000.net>
> I tried to draw some cylinders but they seem to have zero width.  I could
> not find a way to draw cylinders with a substantial width.

Look up difference in the povray documentation.

difference {
    cylinder
    {
       <0,0,0>,
       <0,1,0>,
       1
       pigment { color rgb <1,0,0> } //red
    }
    cylinder
    {
       <0,0.5,0>,
       <0,1.1,0>,
       0.5
       pigment { color rgb <0,0,1> } //blue
    }
}

This code would make a cylinder with a cylinderial piece cut out of it.
  The second one is what is cut out of the first one.  You can have as
many shapes cut out of the first shape.
If you need more help you can always ask.

Brendan