POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Scientific Visualization : Re: Scientific Visualization Server Time
4 Sep 2024 20:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scientific Visualization
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 18 Aug 2002 13:50:33
Message: <3D5FDE69.11985D08@gmx.de>
"Siamak.Lina" wrote:

> Thank you for your input -- to be more specific -- my field of research is
> Computational Fluid Dynamics and Space and Time nuclear reactor kinetics --
> I generally use Tecplot (www.amtec.com) (for more sophisticated projects --
> please check the demo ) and Gnuplot for simpler projects.
>
> I see a very great potential in POVRAY for scientific visualization (am I
> right?) -- So is there any tutorial  to show how  POVRAY can be used  to
> produce Tecplot-like graphics? The answer is probably no -- so another
> question
>
> Is there any other learning path for this purpose? where should I start?

There are several sample scenes in the POV-Ray distribution that could
give you some hints, for example:

advanced/float5.pov (somewhat older, showing a simple way to display
functions)
language/trace.pov (2d visualization)
textures/patterns/crackle_form.pov (3d visualization using isosurfaces)
incdemo/func_gradient.pov (vector analysis macros from math.inc)

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 13 Aug. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______