POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Eye (152k) : Re: The Eye (152k) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:32:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Eye (152k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 17 Aug 2002 12:50:42
Message: <3D5E7EE2.372931F1@gmx.de>
George Pantazopoulos wrote:

> WOW! nice image Christopher!

Thank you.

> Great texture and color..

There is really nothing about the textures in that image (all right, the
terrain isn't plain color, but nearly).  It's really interesting how used
people are to textures faking geometry that a detailed terrain
automatically implies sophisticated textures.

> [...]
> No radiosity eh? This would be a good candidate for SmPOV or another
> distributed render system which I'm writing myself, to bring down that
> rendering time! :) Also, I'm hoping to eventually tackle the radiosity
> problem with my program.

It would be fairly possible to render it in parts, but i would have to
find quite a lot of fast computers free to work for quite some time for
that - something not that likely to happen.

For a distributed rendering system it would be good to make sure it runs
on a lot of platforms and it should support 48 bit (png) output so you can
tweak the image afterwards without quality loss.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 13 Aug. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______