POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Eye (152k) : The Eye (152k) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:30:20 EDT (-0400)
  The Eye (152k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 17 Aug 2002 07:37:37
Message: <3D5E357E.F865984@gmx.de>
I hope you can recognize 'the eye'.

This is an improved version of the picture that has been printed in c't, a
german computer magazine, issue 17/2002, see

http://wa.lzer.net/pov/pov.html

for a scan and translation.

I did not use radiosity for this render but Samuel Benge's lighting
technique with area lights.  The most difficult thing was the
backscattering of light illuminating overhanging parts from below.  I used
a shadowless light for that which does not produce very good results.
Anyway the render time for a 5120x3840 render was still more than two
weeks - not to mention what it would have taken with radiosity...

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 13 Aug. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______