POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : library finding request : Re: library finding request Server Time
6 Oct 2024 10:41:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: library finding request
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 16 Aug 2002 10:06:30
Message: <3D5D06F5.2070502@free.fr>
ABX wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:34:21 +0200, Le Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:

>>But I believe that only the first picture only was decoded...
>>

> I don't mean frame but position on screen.

It does not change the problem. Gif is a blocky format.
You will have to read the code of pov for reading gif to know exactly.
I would assumed that there is a default colour (pixel/palette entry),
that the whole picture is always rectangular and that pixels that are
not recovered by an explicit block have that default values.
But that's just a guess, the answer lies in the source only.

> BTW: there is also my another further patch plan similiar to this mpeg port.
> The same feature with sys_anim type of image map where sys_anim means native
> animation gate for platform. This could also open gate for avi, divx,
> quicktime, real etc.

Where is the portability ?
Me think: first make the patch for Mpeg-1, and maybe Mpeg-2.
Then wait, or you might unburry some old propriatary format ?
(Anyone got an FLC or an FLI player ?)
And what is the sys format for windows ? BMP ? AVI ? AWF ? AVF ?
Codec: every month has a new one...