POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Another 3.5 speed issue? : Re: Another 3.5 speed issue? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:32:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another 3.5 speed issue?
From: Mark M  Wilson
Date: 13 Aug 2002 09:10:34
Message: <3D590655.927A1C50@ncsl.dcr.state.nc.us>
Warp wrote:

>   Why would it be too confusing?

Because I'd end up having two POV binaries on the system, and if the
paths to both of them were in my PATH, then bash would not know which
one I wanted and, well, I don't really know what it would do...
I've never had conflicting binaries on my system, I don't think.  I'm
too G-D lazy to type a whole path, although Roz's response about
povray.fast and povray.snail gives me ideas about aliases....

-Mark