POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Battlemech WIP *used* look ? : Re: Battlemech WIP *used* look ? Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:26:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Battlemech WIP *used* look ?
From: Dawn McKnight
Date: 12 Aug 2002 16:32:49
Message: <3D581BDC.1080501@mac.com>
>I had something like this in mind, thanks anyway, I'll post another pic with
>some of those alterations later, as right now I try to add some more details
>to the model rather than mess with the texture to much.

Sometimes, the right texture can make all the difference.  Dropping a
color map, a bump map, or even an image map onto a metalic texture can
change the whole look of an object.

>What is "bondo" ? not the same as "phong" I guess ?!

/laugh/

Bondo is a putty compound used to fill dents and dings on automobiles.
 When it's sanded, primed, and painted, it looks the same as any other
surface... but in the American South, you often see good ol' boys
driving around in old jalopys with either spots of raw bondo, or sanded
and primed, but not painted bondo.

I figure, if a 'mech got into a dust-up, got some dings on it, the
maintenance boys'd probably use something like bondo... and if they mech
had to go out again the next day, they might not have time to paint it
before it went out.