POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Starship Nacelles (WIP) (32k) : Starship Nacelles (WIP) (32k) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:29:58 EDT (-0400)
  Starship Nacelles (WIP) (32k)
From: Dawn McKnight
Date: 9 Aug 2002 13:07:53
Message: <3D53F752.4040609@earthlink.net>
I've been making a nuiscance of myself in p.newusers and p.unix lately,
so I thought that I'd show that I am really working on something, and
not just causing trouble.

These are the nacelles for a Star Trek genre (non-canon) ship I'm
working on.  Some issues remain, of course... I need to fiddle with the
text so it reads right-way 'round on both nacelles (you're seeing two
starboard and two port nacelles here, as you might guess from the color
of the running lights), and some other minor changes.

Is there a way to set an object (such as the glow tubes in this image)
not to accept shadows?  I see the no_shadow keyword, but that just keeps
the object from casting a shadow, right?  How do I keep shadows from
being cast onto the object?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'bar.jpg' (32 KB)