POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling 3.5 on IRIX 6.5 : Re: Compiling 3.5 on IRIX 6.5 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling 3.5 on IRIX 6.5
From: Michael DiDonato
Date: 8 Aug 2002 13:05:24
Message: <3D52A4D4.5948F631@scripps.edu>
Rohan Hart wrote:

> Michael DiDonato <did### [at] scrippsedu> writes:
>
> > Rohan Hart wrote:
> >
> >     Alternatively...
> >
> >          #define _BSD_SIGNALS or _BSD_COMPAT before including <signal.h>
> >     and you get the slightly different and non-SYSV-compatible BSD proto:
> >          int (*signal(int sig, int (*func)(int, ...)))(int, ...);
> >
> >     Rohan
> >
> > Tried -D_XOPEN_SOURCE and then got the following error:
> > unix.cpp:500: `gettimeofday' undeclared (first use this function)
>
> gettimeofday seems to be BSDish and not part of the XOpen
> world... however both _XOPEN_SOURCE and _BSD_COMPAT can be set
> together which finds gettimeofday and has the interesting property of
> creating a void returning signal with BSD semantics.
>
> Whether that'll work any better...
>
> Rohan

OK that seemed to let me complete the compiling stage but now it bombs on
linking with this error:

ld32: ERROR   33 : Unresolved text symbol "basename" -- 1st referenced by
unix.o.
        Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives and dsos
are loaded.
ld32: ERROR   33 : Unresolved text symbol "dirname" -- 1st referenced by
unix.o.
        Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives and dsos
are loaded.
ld32: INFO    152: Output file removed because of error.
collect2: ld returned 2 exit status
gmake[1]: *** [povray] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/didonato/temp/povray-3.50a/src'
gmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I am starting to give up on this.

Mike

--