POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Another 3.5 speed issue? : Another 3.5 speed issue? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  Another 3.5 speed issue?
From: Mark M Wilson
Date: 7 Aug 2002 17:03:49
Message: <3D518C26.9020704@att.net>
Before I post my actual timings, I'd just like to air my preliminary gut
reaction that my properly-installed/downloaded 3.5 binary on Libranet
Linux (chiefly based on Debian woody, with 2.4.x kernel) running on a
Celeron 400 with 128 MB RAM, is SLOWER than the Povray 3.0.xx .deb that
came with Debian potato.   I may have to revert, unless I can be
convinced otherwise.  (I'm not an advanced user, and I'm struggling
along on one particular project, so I may not even notice the
improvements for awhile....

Also, my quality param. (Q2 for rough views just to check obj.
placement) doesn't seem to make any difference.  Should I copy a
povray.ini to my home dir. and tweak it for my usual settings?

TIA as always,
Mark