POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: crash walking (731k divx) : Re: crash walking (731k divx) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 15:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: crash walking (731k divx)
From: Sebastian H
Date: 6 Aug 2002 10:34:25
Message: <3D4FDF16.2070407@web.de>
> Well, I don't have any reference anims to judge the quality.. This is mostly
> textures on a low-poly shape. It probably looks pretty similar to real-time
> rendering.. I just wonder how you managed to animate the body?

This is true and neither the model nor the textures are made by me, as
mentioned they are from a game called Quake3Arena.

When pov35 beta was out I found no converter for the modelformat which
is used by the game that kept the uv's for a mesh2 object so I wrote a
simple one. (I liked some of the game's artwork and wanted to use it in pov)

While reading about the modelformat I recognized that animation plays a
major role (it's a fast game :-) ) so I tried to convert the animation
data as well.

This animation is just the result of the playaround.
(By the way it used Pov's spline function to interpolate the meshframes,
great stuff!)

Regards,
Sebastian H.