POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : My earlier post about purging the deb : Re: My earlier post about purging the deb Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:28:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My earlier post about purging the deb
From: Mark M  Wilson
Date: 3 Aug 2002 16:23:31
Message: <3D4C3C95.157F29E@ncsl.dcr.state.nc.us>
Roz wrote:

> The other caveat is that
> your personal scenes are not anywhere near the installed package. I'd
> hate to see anyone wipe out their work.

I do intend to back up all my work in my /home, but on the whole your
advice
makes good sense.  Fortunately, I have all my CD's of my dist.'s
previous versions,
so I can downgrade back to 3.x if the binary doesn't work.

> Hopefully, someone with direct Debian experience can advise you better
> than I can.

They've been awfully quiet, if they're out there, but then I only
originally posted EARLY Friday a.m.,
EDT.

Thanks!
Mark