POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling 3.5 source for Solaris 5.8 / 8 : Re: Compiling 3.5 source for Solaris 5.8 / 8 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling 3.5 source for Solaris 5.8 / 8
From: Dawn McKnight
Date: 2 Aug 2002 12:52:16
Message: <3D4AB926.7070002@mac.com>
>Try to add '-ljpeg -ltiff' to the LIBS in Makefile. For X11 I do not know
>what there is missing. But you can add '#define X_DISPLAY_MISSING' to
>conf.h which will give you a build without X11.

I did that; I also tried (in a seperate pass) uncommenting the line in
conf.h which says to uncomment it if you're not using X11.  Neither
resulted in a successful compilation.

Perhaps, in the next revision of the source code released, there should
be a 'unix' option to make, like there was under 3.1, where a text-only
version is created?