POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling 3.5 source for Solaris 5.8 / 8 : Re: Compiling 3.5 source for Solaris 5.8 / 8 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:24:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling 3.5 source for Solaris 5.8 / 8
From: Dawn McKnight
Date: 1 Aug 2002 19:15:58
Message: <3D49C194.30500@mac.com>
Okay, I'm getting a little closer...

I downloaded, configured, made zlib again (having made the leap of logic
that told me it was likely to be a GNU project, and thus, probably
available at <http://www.zlib.org>, which turned out to be the case) and
did make install.  Likewise with libpng, just to be on the safe side.
 Now I'm getting errors about undefined symbols:

socket                              /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.a(x11trans.o)
getpeername                         /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.a(x11trans.o)
xdrmem_create                       /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.a(ConnDis.o)
jpeg_set_quality                    jpeg_pov.o
dlclose                             /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.a(x11trans.o)
jpeg_write_scanlines                jpeg_pov.o
gethostbyname                       /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.a(x11trans.o)
jpeg_destroy_decompress             jpeg_pov.o
jpeg_start_compress                 jpeg_pov.o
setsockopt                          /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.a(x11trans.o)
getservbyname                       /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.a(x11trans.o)
jpeg_read_scanlines                 jpeg_pov.o
XSolarisIASetProcessInfo            /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.a(OpenDis.o)
jpeg_finish_decompress              jpeg_pov.o
jpeg_start_decompress               jpeg_pov.o
authdes_create                      /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.a(ConnDis.o)
inet_addr                           /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.a(x11trans.o)
jpeg_destroy_compress               jpeg_pov.o
jpeg_resync_to_restart              jpeg_pov.o
jpeg_std_error                      jpeg_pov.o
shutdown                            /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.a(x11trans.o)
jpeg_CreateDecompress               jpeg_pov.o
getsockname                         /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.a(x11trans.o)
jpeg_set_defaults                   jpeg_pov.o
dlsym                               /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.a(x11trans.o)
dlopen                              /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.a(x11trans.o)
jpeg_CreateCompress                 jpeg_pov.o
jpeg_read_header                    jpeg_pov.o
jpeg_finish_compress                jpeg_pov.o
connect                             /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.a(x11trans.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to povray

As some of these have to do with jpeg creation, I'm guessing maybe I
need to reinstall my jpeg libraries?  There doesn't seem to be a
jpeglib.org....

I hope I don't have to reinstall my X11 / OpenWin system.  That might be
a Bridge Too Far.