POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling 3.5 source for Solaris 5.8 / 8 : Re: Compiling 3.5 source for Solaris 5.8 / 8 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:13:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling 3.5 source for Solaris 5.8 / 8
From: Dawn McKnight
Date: 1 Aug 2002 14:05:19
Message: <3D4978C4.6060404@mac.com>
Micha Riser wrote:

>Open 'optout.h' in an editor. Search for '#error' (line 49), remove this
>line and fill your name in the line below.

Thank you; that worked, and I was able to get further.  Now it's
complaining that it can't find the library -lz in /usr/openwin/lib.

I did an ls of that directory, and see llib-lz and llib-lz.ln in there,
both set executable.  Do you have any suggestions what I should do to
make sure they're properly installed?  Or to help the compiler find them?