POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : pigment clouds : Re: pigment clouds Server Time
15 Aug 2024 04:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pigment clouds
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 29 Jul 2002 14:13:03
Message: <3D4585A9.8070708@caltel.com>
Hello Simon. As mentioned by others, you may need to dimish the scale of
the clouds as they recede into the distance. One way I've found to do
this is by using functions. Here is a little piece of code that uses a
sky_sphere (POV version 3.5):

#declare Pgm=function{pigment{granite}}
#declare Scale=2;
sky_sphere{
  pigment{
   function{Pgm(x/y/Scale,y/y/Scale,z/y/Scale).grey}
  }
}

It shouldn't be too hard to make this code work with your more complex
pigment (texture?). This method can be used for a number of
fast-rendering background effects. If you use this method, you might
also want to use fog, as the pigment gets really jumbled near the horizon.

--
Samuel Benge

sbe### [at] caltelcom