POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: realflow > pov 1 MB : Re: realflow > pov 1 MB Server Time
19 Jul 2024 17:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: realflow > pov 1 MB
From: David Fontaine
Date: 28 Jul 2002 00:01:34
Message: <3D436E07.1050505@faricy.net>
Hugo wrote:

 > Not when I don't know Perl.  :o)  There seems to be a library in C++
 >  that handles file writing / reading, and another library that
 > compare text-strings, and the rest is pretty much like Pov's SDL
 > language (I mean, in this case).

It couldn't be easier in C++, you can just use a stream for fileio.  If
you're an efficiency nut, though, streams are a little slower than the C
library.  And Visual Studio has given me numerous headaches trying to
figure out why certain functions aren't in certain namespaces when the
docs say they are...

--
  | \     |_         website: http://davidf.faricy.net/
  |_/avid |ontaine           email: <dav### [at] faricynet>