POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Lonesome Bush (2) : Re: The Lonesome Bush (2) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 06:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Lonesome Bush (2)
From: Tom Stone
Date: 24 Jul 2002 21:28:00
Message: <3D3F541F.C45497DE@swipnet.se>
Christoph Gerber wrote:

> Does it look more realistic
> now?

The foreground is very good. The background is what mainly keeps it from being
realistic, especially the trees.
First, it seems like there is a problem with scale. The trees in the valley
looks too small, compared with the trees on the hill to the right.
Then, there don't seem to be enough soil to support the trees on the hills,
perhaps bushes and smaller trees would look better.
Also, the trees look too identical to each other in both appearance and length.
Mixing in some other trees and some under-vegetation might help.
Going into extreme detail; the color of the ground in the valley doesn't seem
right for that kind of trees, as they normally grows in a different kind of
soil than trees with leafs.
Some reference photos might be a great help for you.

Sorry if I'm too picky. But I enjoyed your image a lot.

-Tom Stone