POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : classic mountains and water : Re: classic mountains and water Server Time
15 Aug 2024 06:08:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: classic mountains and water
From: Abe
Date: 24 Jul 2002 20:53:58
Message: <3D3F4BA1.1ACB5450@taconic.net>
Which one? :)

Clouds: a POV implementation of Hugo Elias' cloud texture
(http://freespace.virgin.net/hugo.elias/models/m_clouds.htm) which I'm
sure you are familiar with, and "light sourced" using a simple bump
mapping technique (shifting the shadows away from the light source). I
did a basic outline of the process
here:http://www2.taconic.net/bullfrog/sky/lightsourced_clouds/simple_bumpshaded_clouds.html.
I also tried to incorporate cloud glow near the sun based the dot
product between the sun direction and the texture point on the cloud
plane.

Sun: spherical pigment applied to the sky_sphere - appropriately scaled.

Water: pigment with some degree of transparency (and filtering, I
think), absorption media and simple bozo normal.

Terrain: a shoddy slope pigment and turbulated granite normal.

Sorry, but I don't have the code in front of me right now. Hope this
helps.

Abe