POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Lonesome Bush (2) : Re: The Lonesome Bush (2) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 06:11:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Lonesome Bush (2)
From: Jim Charter
Date: 24 Jul 2002 19:15:43
Message: <3D3F3646.2060803@aol.com>
I think it is a very nice picture as is but because I think it could go
much further I am going to be quite pointed in what I say.

The clouds are beautiful
The bush is good and "carries its weight".
The foreground rock, while a little artificial, would carry too
except that the middleground, terrain and forest, doesn't cut it.
This is where you need to put all your attention IMO.
You need to improve the modelling of the trees, this is detracting the
most.  But the rock terrain does not really work either.
If this is improved, I believe the foreground would carry as is.
(I like the stick and lizard you placed to add detail btw.)

You title the piece, "Lonesome Bush". The current irtc entry topic is
"Loneliness".  If this is more than coincidence I would say you have a
very strong entry underway and with lots of entry time left.  Get more
ruthless with the middleground.  Rethink your approach there. -Jim