POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : To the Unix gurus ! : To the Unix gurus ! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:17:41 EDT (-0400)
  To the Unix gurus !
From: Fabien
Date: 23 Jul 2002 12:19:58
Message: <3D3D7FA6.90709@caramail.com>
I need some help about terminals.
For Pyvon, I would like to use a script to start boths Pyvon and a
terminal to which the verbose, errors, stats ( in short all the normal
output) of POV is redirected; with Pyvon taking up 2/3 of the upper
screen and the terminal the 1/3 left.

For the time being, I start konsole (KDE terminal), resize it so that it
takes up about 1/3 (at the bottem ) of the screen, type python pyvon.py
( to start Pyvon), and then resize Pyvon to fill up the rest to the screen.

The best would be a script that test the screen resolution and does the
rest automatically.

Something else :
How do you send a command into a terminal ( like Xterminal ) which is
already created so that the output of the command goes back to Xterminal
? It's the end of the day's work I am not sure my english is clear

Thanks

Fabien