POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The dark side of the trees (121 kbu) : Re: The dark side of the trees (121 kbu) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 14:17:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The dark side of the trees (121 kbu)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 23 Jul 2002 08:32:17
Message: <3D3D4CCD.20BF9820@gmx.de>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> A major issue this one :( particularly if I want to print it (I had trouble
> with this before). There are indeed black spots all over the place
> (including some of the leaves). Part is due to the post-process I did.
> Possibly the only way out would be to ouptut to 48 bit and then use the
> compression technique shown by Kari Kivisalo here
> http://www.luxlab.com/c/compress.htm
> but I don't have Photoshop and my image editor doesn't support 48 bit images
> (I haven't tried the Gimp though).

Have you tried:

http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~y0013390/hcredit/index.html

It's of course not as flexible and universal as Photoshop and GIMP, but
color correction works quite well.  I'm currently planning to add some
function making it possible to merge a picture rendered in stripes on
different machines, currently you have to edit all parts separately and
merge them as 24 bit in a different program in such a case.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 15 Jul. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______