POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Benchmark_Final (428KB) : Re: Benchmark_Final (428KB) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 12:16:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Benchmark_Final (428KB)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 22 Jul 2002 12:25:56
Message: <3D3C3213.3A5B341C@gmx.de>
Jaap Frank wrote:

> [...]
> I think you mean that the water surface is too much rounded off. If you
> play with this function( I did for mountains), you will find out that you
> can change it to a more rough appearance by choosing more higher
> frequencies. Maybe if you combine more functions, the looks will be
> better, but that slows down the render speed. I suspect that's the
> reason that it is kept simple, but that is a assumption from me. If you
> want to know you better ask Christoph Hormann.

Well, the main reason why the water surface looks somewhat flat is that it
*is* flat.  It's just a normal modifier.

Water and Terrain use different parameters for the RMF, but you might have
a chance for achieving a more realistic appearance by trying out different
values.

http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~y0013390/pov/rmf.html

could be helpful.

Christoph